BLOG UPDATE 2015.07.16: SLOB 188.8.131.52-1 is now the current version.
This is just a quick post to announce SLOB 2.3. Please visit the SLOB Resources page to download the gzipped tar archive. The SLOB Resources page also has a link the SLOB 2.3 Documentation. SLOB Resources Page: Click Here. New in this release:
- The documentation is now also included in the tar archive under SLOB/doc in PDF form.
- SLOB 2.3 introduces the SLOB Single Schema feature. Please see the documentation.
- Because of SLOB Single Schema the kit now supports SLOB Threads. Note, however, SLOB Threads can be used in either Single or Multiple Schema Model.
- SLOB 2.3 has two types of “Hot Spots”
- In Multiple Schema Model there are both per-schema Hot Spots and a Hot Schema. Please see the SLOB 2.3 documentation for descriptions of these features.
- Improved error handling for both the SLOB Data Loader (setup.sh) and Test Execution program (runit.sh).
- Licensing. Prior releases of SLOB consisted of copyrighted programs with unclear licensing. Please don’t be alarmed. SLOB is still free to use. The LICENSE file defines the word “use.”