BLOG UPDATE 08-MAR-2011: Please visit The Papers, Webcasts, Files, Etc section of my blog for the content referenced below. Thank you. The Original post follows:

This is just a quick blog entry to offer pointers to the IOUG recorded webcasts I did on March 25 and April 16 2009. These are parts 1 and 2 in a series I’m calling “Technical Deep Dive.” I hope at least some of the material seems technical and/or deep for folks who choose to view them. I don’t aim to waste people’s time.

As for audio/video quality, these things can sometimes be a bit hit and miss since there are several moving parts, what with the merge of my dial-in voice stream and the GotoMeeting.com video side of the webcast. I haven’t played them back in their entirety so I can’t vouch. The format is Windows Media.

The idea behind offering this material is to aid the IOUG Exadata Special Interest Group in gaining Exadata-related knowledge that goes a bit further than the more commonly available collateral. As I see it, the less “spooky” this technology appears to Oracle’s install base the more likely they are to steer their next DW/BI deployment over to Exadata. Or, perhaps, even a migration of any currently long-of-tooth Oracle DW/BI deployment in need of a hardware refresh!

Note: There was some AV trouble in the first 4 minutes, 30 seconds of Part I. I recommend you right-click, save it , then when you view it drag the progress bar to roughly 4m30s and let it play from there.

(TEMPORARY LINK) 25-MAR-09 – Oracle Exadata Storage Server Technical Deep Dive – Part I

(PERMANENT LINK. Do Not Use Until Further Notice) 25-MAR-09  – Oracle Exadata Storage Server Technical Deep Dive – Part I

16-APR-09   – Oracle Exadata Storage Server Technical Deep Dive – Part II

9 Responses to “Archived Webcasts: Oracle Exadata Storage Server Technical Deep Dive Part I and Part II.”

1. 1 Greg Rahn April 21, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Windows users may need the GoToMeeting Codec.

For those of you who use Mac OS X note:

Mac users cannot view meetings recorded in GoToMeeting Codec format.

It appears only the second webcast uses the GoToMeeting Codec.

2. 2 kevinclosson April 21, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Thanks for the tip, Greg. I also recommend folks just right-click and save before viewing. That’s what I have done…now I just need to actually do the viewing…

3. 3 accidentalSQL April 21, 2009 at 8:24 pm

For me (Windows Media Played 10.00.00.4058 on XP service pack 3), the first presentation goes for about 8 minutes until slide 8, right after the “Brawny Hardware” section. Then it goes back to the start of the presentation automatically. I did save it to my hard drive.

4. 5 vince May 4, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Hi Kevin,

Did you ever get Exadata Part I Deep Dive fixed?

5. 7 Jays August 13, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Hey Kevin

Whenever I try to plat the deep dive part 2, it spits the dummy.
    The temporary link for part 1 worked fine though and I quite enjoyed it.

Thx

Jays 🙂

6. 8 Nick November 23, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Whats the difference between HP Exadata and Sun Exadata ?

Thanks in advance!
    Nick

7. 9 Scott July 26, 2010 at 7:39 pm

I realize this blog is a little old but still very interesting. I was wondering if part 2 is available somewhere as the link on this page is no longer working.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

DISCLAIMER

I work for Amazon Web Services. The opinions I share in this blog are my own. I'm *not* communicating as a spokesperson for Amazon. In other words, I work at Amazon, but this is my own opinion.

Join 2,988 other followers

Oracle ACE Program Status

Click It

website metrics

Fond Memories

Copyright

All content is © Kevin Closson and "Kevin Closson's Blog: Platforms, Databases, and Storage", 2006-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kevin Closson and Kevin Closson's Blog: Platforms, Databases, and Storage with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

%d bloggers like this: